"El éxito es aprender a ir de fracaso en fracaso sin perder el entusiasmo". Winston Churchill

sábado, 13 de julio de 2013

GOODBYE OZ....


After an awfully busy week due to the heavy paperwork load that any “second class Aussie resident” (what a utopia!!!) should fill in prior to their departure, it is time to chill-out…. Baggage done and, while waiting for a break in the persistent showers, today I felt I needed to write down something. But, what?? no idea…. I feel unrest and, surprisingly or not so surprisingly, I can hardly identify the cause…. I just need to write down sth… sounds bizarre, does not it??

Do not continue reading, honestly I have the gut-feeling this post will be creepy; nothing good can come up from a Teutonic-headed author without plans!!! … However, if you decide to come along with me for the coming minutes and share your time as you did previously… I wil be extremely thankful.

Coming back home as “Ducan Dhu” (the favourite group of every nun-school-girl) do onto the stages but without the outstanding press releases, encouraging messages or best wishes by the radio announcer is a difficult  situation. On one hand, I am looking forward to landing home, letting me hug by my parents and friends, and starting a new life. On the other hand, I am sure it will be difficult, uncomfortable, to explain why I took this decision, to break down the myths on what is supposed to be the paradise of sun and good weather, surf, full employment and high quality life….  But, that was, decision taken it is no possible to step back… only forwards… as Oz and their beloved Emus do!!! lesson learnt J

Oz was and is a mixture of everything, a real mixture!!! Examples?? Thousands!!! My farewell drinks in the university was the most embarrassing and  numb event I have even had while my personal farewell party was a lovely day in the common room… a quick barbie and a get together with around 40 people to celebrate that, here in down under, there are amazing/awesome people… amazing people such as the “tunait fellows”[1], the “frenchies”[2] and the KLC residents and staff[3]!!!

At this point, maybe you have already realized this post is not as the others. It is written in English (my language for these months although I will never like it….), does not tell a specific story, feeling or event, does not have a well-defined scope and includes full names, yep…full names because you deserve mates!!!! Having been a “tunait-fellow”, even if I was not an active member, is an honour and real pleasure. All the “Merendolas and thematic parties” to celebrate birthdays, “despedidas” and achievements as well as the weekly “Friday’s cervecita” are already saved as in the folder of good Aussie memories…. mates, never change!!! “Frenchies”!!! Your turn!!! You hold also a huge portion of these Aussie memories which are especially connected to the few trips I did: Brisby, Sunshine cost, Sydney and almost Melbourne are among the examples of nice days and nice experiences I had thanks to all you!!

And that is all, mates!! Oz is over and I can hardly believe I am flying back home, suffering from jet-lag and high temperatures in such a short time…. Time passes by so quickly…. And as a catchy and fussy tune says I already know that

“only miss the sun when it starts to snow,
only know I loved Oz when I am away,
only know I’ve been high when I am feeling down,
only hate the road when I am missing home,
only know I love you when you let me go, but you let me go…”


THANKS “TUNAITS”, “FRENCHIES” AND “KLC”!!! YOU MADE MY AUSSIE DAYS UNFORGOTTABLE!!!




 



[1] Abel, Antonio, maria, ana, ruben, arantxa, gorka, neka, jon, bea, carlos, Carolina, Mauro, juan carlos, alfonso, lidia,… for sure I miss sone….
[2] Marianne and Masha (or better known as the timtam team), Paul and Cindy
[3] You are too many to write down the names, but you know already who you are!!! But let me write down only a couple of names of those that made my last breakfast special: Bernie and our master Felix!!  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario